We invite people to begin arriving at 9:00 AM to get chairs, umbrellas and shade coverings set up. The service will take place from 9:30-10:30 AM in the open field in front of the seminary building.
If you are a guest and planning on attending our outdoor service, we kindly ask that you fill out this guest form.
Care for others: Please stay home if you or a child has, or has recently had, symptoms of sickness.
Social Distancing Expectations: Please be mindful of normal social distancing protocols and be respectful of others by making sure your children are not running around in groups but following social distancing as well. We will have no mask requirement since we will be outdoors (though you’re more than welcome to wear one if you desire), but we do ask that masks be worn when inside for emergency bathroom use.
Restrooms: The restrooms in the main building (across from the church office and auditorium hallway) will be available for emergency use only. While we certainly understand the kid factor (okay, and a few adults too), we ask that all attempts be made to not use our public restrooms.
What to Bring: Chairs, blankets, beach umbrellas, or shade coverings, sunscreen, water bottles, and sun hats. While we will have some folding chairs available for our senior members, we ask that you bring your own chairs if possible.
Seating: We will set up a tent to provide shade for some of our senior members to sit under. Please bring chairs, blankets, and umbrellas and/or canopies. In determining where to set up please maintain social distancing of 6 feet between family units, or individuals. We would like people sitting on the ground to be in the front, those in chairs to be in the middle, and those who have pop-up canopies in the back so as not to block other’s view.
Liturgy: Our service will be made up of many of the elements of our normal Sunday gatherings. We look forward to singing together, hearing the word read and preached, praying corporately, and being sent on mission with renewed vision.
- Will the service be available virtually if I am not yet comfortable in larger gatherings? Yes! We plan to record the services and will post them on our website by 3:00 PM on Sunday.
- What if the weather is bad? We will communicate by noon on Saturday if we need to cancel the outdoor service. In such a case, we will open a registration for a service on Sunday morning, limited to 200 people in attendance.
- What if I am handicapped and need parking close to the field or assistance getting to a tent? We will be roping off parking spots to the left of the field close to the tent and reserving them as handicapped spots. There will be deacons there to assist in unloading and making sure people are able to get to where they need to be.
- Can I bring coffee or snacks? Yes. We simply ask that you keep children’s snacks from being shared.
- Will there be an opportunity to give? We encourage you to give online and in addition, you can place your offering in the mail slot next to the church office.