The God of the Nations
Grace Essentials Conference 2018: Mission
Colonial Baptist Church
February 23-25, 2018
Resources from the Conference:
Thank you to all who joined us for our 1st annual Grace Essentials Conference! We were greatly challenged and encouraged from the Word of God and from his servants.
All 7 sessions (see below) are now available on our Sermons page, where you can watch, listen, or download the sessions. You can also listen to them via Podcast on your phone, tablet, or computer. Below is a list of the sessions:
- Session #1 (Belford): "God's Desire for the Nations" (Psalm 22)
- Session #2 (Doran): "Our Authorization for Missions" (Matthew 28:18)
- Session #3 (Crowley): "Conscience and Missions (Part 1)" (Romans 14:1-15:9)
- Session #4 (Doran): "Our Task in Missions" (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Session #5 (Crowley): "Conscience and Missions (Part 2)" (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
- Session #6 (Doran): "Our Objective in Missions" (Matthew 28:19-20 and various)
- Session #7 (Crowley): "The Great Prediction" (Acts 1:8)
On Sunday, February 25, 2018 we honored veteran missionaries and church planters Richard and Dorothy McMillen.
Both of our speakers have written books which dive deeper into the topics they presented at the conference. We commend them to you as valuable resources to follow up the conference:
- For the Sake of His Name (by David M. Doran)
- Conscience: What It Is, How to Train It, and Loving Those Who Differ (by Andrew Naselli and JD Crowley)
Our two keynote speakers for this conference were Dave Doran and JD Crowley.
Dave Doran is the senior pastor of Inter-City Baptist Church in Allen Park, Michigan. He has pastored there for twenty-eight years. During his time at Inter-City Baptist, Dave has taken a deep interest in mission, including the publication of a book (For the Sake of His Name: Challenging a New Generation for World Missions), the creation of a regular conference on mission for college students, and the formation of a mission board under the direct supervision of Inter-City Baptist Church. Dave’s greatest contributions toward mission, however, come through his sound Biblical preaching and teaching on the subject.
JD Crowley serves as a missionary in Cambodia. Along with his wife and family, JD has ministered there for twenty-four years. God has used JD not only to plant multiple churches in Cambodia but also to produce theological resources for believers there, including a commentary on Romans. JD has recently co-authored an insightful book on the conscience as well (Conscience: What It Is, How to Train It, and Loving Those Who Differ). JD is a popular speaker at missions conferences because of his grasp of the scriptural concepts relating to mission and evangelism.